Monday 13 July 2015

Muse 124 - Warm Thoughts


Guess who's the surprise Muse this week? I feel so bad - Michele was on vacation last week, and I'm away at Music Camp with Kate this week. Due to late communication on my part, well, here we are!

I do have to say it was fun coming up with this card, though. I actually stamped the Paper Smooches Twiggy Florets daisies a while ago, and the panel has been sitting on my desk for a while, waiting for inspiration. I really wanted the white to pop and figured a bold sponged background would be just the ticket!

So I masked the daisies to stamp them, and then masked all of them at once, created a 'horizon' line and sponged Twisted Citrus and Mowed Lawn on the bottom and Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire on the top. I finished with a sentiment from Sentiment Sampler that I usually use in the winter, but it's perfect for this card too!

I hope you'll play along this week - I can't wait to see what you come up with!

21 comments:

  1. Ardyth, your bright card inspired me to make a shaker! I like you coloring very much)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is absolutely amazing Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Ardith!
    Found you through Kimberley !
    You got a new follower, love your style !
    greetings from the Netherlands !

    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Ardyth this is a stunner, love everything about it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!! The white really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous colors and so summery! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I think I am gonna play along the Muse :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Ardyth, wonderful coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your gorgeous card Ardyth and it's lovely to have you as the muse this week - I can't wait to play along! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So bright & cheerful - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooo pretty! Great shading on the tuplips - orange to yellow looks awesome! Nice touch with a wee bit of highlighter pen too! REALLY, REALLY neat how the "W" in 'Warm' matches the scalloped petals of the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, this is lovely Ardyth! I love those pretty daisies. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card! I was just about to order the flower dies that match this, so hopefully they will arrive in time to make a card for this one. Love your card so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love daisies and these look fabulous against the inky background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful sponging and such gorgeous colouring, Ardyth ... so very pretty! Bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Masking and coloring... on one card?!! Fabulous, Ardyth!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.